Running Folio Views under Wine

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 23 13:02:03 BST 2006

hi,
On Mi, 2006-08-23 at 12:22 +0100, Philip Goodfellow wrote:
> Has anyone here had experience of running the Windows program Folio
> Views under wine on Edubuntu 6.06?
>
> I am trying to find out if I can run the software for the "Advancing
> Physics" A -level  (UK pre-university physics) course using wine
> (version 0.9.19 ~winehq0~ubuntu~6.02-2)

did you try it with the ubuntu package as well ? the packages from
winehq are unsupported ... also please note that if you use windows
software via wine on an ltsp server you delibarately break the license
unless it has a explicit multi user license (thats the reason why we
dont ship wine by default, to preven users from getting into legal
probs)

ciao
	oli