Thin client hardware list- got it.. next question?

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 10 08:54:33 BST 2006

On Mi, 2006-08-09 at 17:10 -0400, Jim McQuillan wrote:

> > http://www.disklessworkstations.com/
> >
> The T-150 and T-170 from DisklessWorkstations.com work great with Edubuntu.
>
> We gave the Ubuntu developers some of these workstations to use during
> their development, and that's what they've been using for testing.

> > does anyone know if these will work with edubuntu, or is th LTSP in
> > edubuntu "special" in some fashion?

i'm doing most of the ubuntu/edubuntu ltsp development on the mentioned
T-150 i got :) i have also a bunch of compaq T-20 terminals (there is no
sound driver for the soundcard) a very old fujitsu siemens wyse terminal
which i never tested and a bunch of fujitsu/siemens FUTRO B-100 (sadly
with the same sound chip as the compaq above). for mass tests i also use
a bunch of old PXE capable laptops. if you look for a reliable robust
hardware and have some money you can spend, the T-150 is something i can
really recommend ...

ciao
	oli