Port the edubuntu to ARM platform ?

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 29 12:51:27 UTC 2016

hi,
Am Samstag, den 26.03.2016, 23:29 +0800 schrieb 陈星宇:
> Hi, All
> I'am Peter.Chen from the China, and i like linux system, especially
> ubuntu. I has worked in the development of Linux driver from the
> beginning of 2012 based on the ARM platform.
> I‘am very interested in ubuntu for the education, But it is a great
> pity that can't run in the ARM platform, i can only download it for
> the x86 PC. We can find many high-performance ARM platform(Eg:
> raspberryPi:https://www.raspberrypi.org ; 96boards:
> https://www.96boards.org/products/ce/hikey/  ) at present. Could you
> have a plan to port the edubuntu to the ARM platform ?
> Looking forward your replay, Thanks.

all packages used by edubuntu are available as arm packages in the
ubuntu archive (given the state of the project with the lead developers
retiring i guess you wont see any actual images anymore (not even for
x86) ... but all used packages are definitely installable on top of an
ubuntu install on the arm architecture)

ciao
	oli