Call for translations - Edubuntu

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 5 13:41:28 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

We're now just 3 weeks away from the final release of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
(and its flavours).
Ensuring our installation experience and default desktop is as well
translated as possible is one of Edubuntu's goal for this release.

We're almost there and it already looks great compared to our previous
releases, yet I'm sure we can have it even better.

Current packages of interest sorted by priority:
== edubuntu-live ==
Deadline: 19th of April
Link:
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/edubuntu-live
Note: Can't be translated post-release, part of installer

== ubiquity-slideshow-edubuntu ==
Deadline: 19th of April
Link:
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/+pots/ubiquity-slideshow-edubuntu
Note: Can't be translated post-release, part of installer

== epoptes ==
Deadline: 12th of April
Link: https://translations.launchpad.net/epoptes
Note: Can't be translated post-release, translations are upstream
(non-langpack)

== ltsp ==
Deadline: 19th of April
Link: https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/ltsp
Note: Can be translated post-release but is used in live environment
and is difficult to update post-release

Other new Edubuntu packages with translations in Launchpad are listed
below, these are lower priority than anything above as they're
translated through langpacks and aren't as visible as the 4 above:
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/pastebinit
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/arkose

Thanks again for all your help and I'm definitely looking forward to
the best translated Ubuntu and Edubuntu ever.

Cheers

- --
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer