Could someone outline the steps to recompile ltspfs with patch?

john lists.john at
Thu Jan 20 16:56:22 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I am running the AMD64 bit version of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. There is a
known bug in ltspfs that prevents users from mounting
their USB thumb drives on their desktops
The current work around seems to have 64 bit clients use 32 bit
images, although a patch has been submitted for review.

I am not a  programmer, but I am interested in learning more about the
care and feeding of my systems.
I'd like to apply the patch from the bug report but I am not clear on
how I should go about doing that (for ex: Is the patch applied inside
the chroot or outside?)

I was hoping someone might briefly outline the steps I should take (or
point me to a howto) to recompile ltspfs with the patch submitted on
this bug report and try it out.