Could someone outline the steps to recompile ltspfs with patch?

john lists.john at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 16:56:22 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I am running the AMD64 bit version of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. There is a
known bug in ltspfs that prevents users from mounting
their USB thumb drives on their desktops
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ltsp/+bug/415952
The current work around seems to have 64 bit clients use 32 bit
images, although a patch has been submitted for review.

I am not a  programmer, but I am interested in learning more about the
care and feeding of my systems.
I'd like to apply the patch from the bug report but I am not clear on
how I should go about doing that (for ex: Is the patch applied inside
the chroot or outside?)

I was hoping someone might briefly outline the steps I should take (or
point me to a howto) to recompile ltspfs with the patch submitted on
this bug report and try it out.

Thanks!

John