Brainstorming for UDS-N - Edubuntu

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 30 20:11:31 UTC 2010

Hi Scott

On 30/09/2010 14:42, Scott Howard wrote:
> I adopted qcad in Debian recently and would be happy to fix this ASAP
> (in experimental at least). Just to be clear, what is the problem with
> the depends? I believe qcad-doc should Recommend qt3-assistant instead
> of depend.
>
> It's related to:

Well, I guess the 26MB of stuff is indeed an issue, but where it
bothered us was that it adds a Qt3 Assistant menu item under
Programming, and currently that's the only item under Programming on the
Edubuntu menu, which could be kind of confusing for users.

We could use some hacky ways to remove it, but the ideal thing for us to
do is just not to install it. We're quite confident that users who'll be
interesting in developing with Qt will know how to install the
documentation for it themselves :)

-Jonathan