documentation blueprint

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Sat Sep 18 17:52:51 UTC 2010

Hi Vikram

On 03/06/2010 01:44, Vikram Dhillon wrote:
> Alright people, here's the link [1] to the blueprint, as you can tell,
> currently its not so good shape so please feel free to modify and I
> guess we can talk about in more depth on the next meeting :)
>
> [1]:
> https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/edubuntu-documentation-build

We have a new documentation page on the website:
http://edubuntu.org/documentation

I'm also working on a new installation page for 10.10, it's not done yet
(and not linked to from anywhere yet), but it is already viewable:
http://edubuntu.org/documentation/10.10/installation-guide

When that's finished, I'll probably create another, similar page for
common things that are done on LTSP after installation. We get very
similar questions on the lists about local-apps, etc where there's often
some really nice responses that get lost in the list archives. It would
be nice to have that up on the site somewhere where it's actually easy
to find with most search engines, etc.

Marc Gariépy put together documentation for the Menueditor tool as well:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Edubuntu/Documentation/Edubuntu-menueditor

While documentation isn't quite where we want it to be yet, I do think
we're gaining some momentum.

I liked some of your ideas in the blueprint about getting user feedback
on documentation, have you had any more time to think about this? Do you
think everything in the blueprint is still relevant? We can perhaps
discuss it at the next Edubuntu weekly meeting on IRC if you're able to
attend. Would be nice to have it updated :)

-Jonathan