dbus daemon/messagebus 100% CPU usage

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 19:01:55 UTC 2010

Has anyone noticed dbus (messagebus) using 100% of a CPU on an LTSP
server?  I have two identical servers both hardware and software
(Karmic 9.10, comparing output from dpkg --get-selections). However,
one server runs flawlessly, the other shows dbus_daemon using 100% of
a CPU. Also, memory usage slowly climbs until the system begins using
virtual memory and everything then comes to a halt.  Both systems
connect to the same brand of switch, both connect to a KVM.  The only
differences are in the client systems that they serve. One servers
GX150/GX240s while the other (the misbehaving system) serves
GX50/GX110/GX150's.  I'm in the process of replacing the GX50 systems
and as many GX110's as possible, but curious if anyone has noticed
this issue.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School