Install now, upgrade later?

David Groos djgroos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 12:40:37 UTC 2010

Alkis Georgopoulos <alkisg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd clone the current setup - especially considering you'll only be
> using that installation for 2 months or so.

Great--didn't know I could 32-->64

> If you have more than 4 Gb RAM on your server, you can just install the
> linux-server kernel to access up to 64 Gb RAM.

Not sure what you mean.

   - Do you mean that if I have the Jaunty server installed on my current 32
   bit machine I can access more than 4 gigs?  Or install a different kernal
   and do so?
   - Or do you mean that on this new server I'll be able to access more than
   4 gigs with the Jaunty server?
   - Or do you mean that after I clone the current Jaunty server onto the
   new 64 bit machine I'll need to install a different kernal to access the
   memory.

Thanks Alkis,
David