Mentoring for improving wiki pages?

David Groos djgroos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 01:30:15 UTC 2010

I've been busy with 'other stuff' but did find a major issue I had with
iTALC.  In some previous attempt I had made the classroom setting persistent
as per the ubuntu wiki page.  And, thinking I had done a complete uninstall
and other excuses I can't think up at the moment I didn't think to go back
to this.  When I finally realized this, deleted the [path] line, my iTALC
worked normally again!  That was a relief and I think this problem affected
me more than 1 time over the last year.  I added this troubleshooting info
to the wiki: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/iTalc.

alkisg told me about a series of scripts that sound great that he uses
instead of iTALC so I'm going to give them a try.  I'll be writing
instructions on doing these tasks instead of iTALC unless I move back to
using iTALC.

Over the next few days I'm going to be working on setting up a Lucid LTSP
server.  I'll try and improve the wiki/edubuntu pages as I go through this
process.  I'll   I'll try and think like a beginner (shouldn't be too
hard).  I'll start another thread for these endeavors.

Again, I'll be working on these things and more:

> --LTSP install
> --Basic squid proxy setup
> --Localapps setup
> --Backup System
> --using flash
> --using java
> --setting up file-sharing systems for one's classes

David