Bible Study software inclusion in Edubuntu seeds

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 04:44:30 UTC 2010

2010/1/21 Scott Balneaves <sbalneav at legalaid.mb.ca>:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 03:25:13AM +0000, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
>> Thank you all for your input!!! =)
>>
>> Your statement does make sense. I just wanted to try in case it was a
>> good idea. I see how it is not.
>>
>> There is "UbuntuCE - Christian Edition" which is PPA maintain by my
>> team + extra stuff from their repository.
>>
>> Thank you for considering this.
>
> We're currently in the channel talking about this and Crimsun and nixternal
> suggested that metapackages for ease-of-post-install customization might be a
> good idea, and I concurr.
>
> if there were  edubuntu-edu-christian, edubuntu-edu-judaism,
> edubuntu-edu-muslim, etc., metapackages, then people looking for easy post
> install work could just install Edubuntu, then apt-get install the desired
> metapackage, and voila, a 1-step customization.
>
> Cheers,
> Scott

Well the bug is still there against the edubuntu-meta package, except
for I'm not aware of how many religious apps & content there are for
all the other religions. So if you do decide to go this route and
investigate other edubuntu-religion-* meta's please ping me or
~pkgcrosswire for the christian flavour.

--
With best regards

Dmitrijs Ledkovs (for short Dima),
Ледков Дмитрий Юрьевич