Looking for recommendations: simple GIMP

David Groos djgroos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 13:42:34 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I want students to be able to annotate images, such as photos taken through
a microscope, adding arrows and labels to parts of the image, for example.
It might also be nice if there were contrast/brightness/saturation
controls.  Need the ability to export back to jpeg/png.  I don't want really
any other capabilities.  I just used GIMP for the first time and I had to
wade through 'layers' and tons of other concepts that I don't need but it
does look awesome.  Does anyone have advice on software that would be good
for this need?  This is a very key app in a science classroom and will form
part of the basic set of apps for my program.

Thanks!
David