Ubuntu in Education resources from Canonical

Belinda Lopez belinda.lopez at canonical.com
Tue Aug 31 20:19:51 UTC 2010

Greetings all!
   I'm working on a short-term assignment to review and update
Canonical's Ubuntu in Education resources.  This includes making the
various websites easier to use for end user like students, parents,
educators as well as solution providers and others who want to do
business in the Education market place using Ubuntu and its
derivatives.  The Education sector is an important space on many levels
to both Canonical and Ubuntu.  I can't make any promises other than it
being a personal goal of mine to help drive the adoption of Ubuntu in
Education at every level so for starters I'm opening up the dialog with
the community on best to use the limited resources Canonical currently
has to develop some new content for the following audiences:

End users: students, parents, educators
School level adoptions: decision makers
District/regional deployments; policy makers
Solution Providers: those delivering services and hardware to the
Education sector.

If you have any thoughts on what each audience needs to know please
voice your thoughts here or email me privately.  I've also added this
item to the Edubuntu meeting agenda to help further the conversation.

Also, does anyone have idea of how many schools might be using
Ubuntu/Edubuntu? or if there is some place we can ask people to let us
know about their schools?

thanks,

Belinda/dinda

Education