Meeting Notes - 2010-04-14
Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)
jonathan at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 14 20:03:02 UTC 2010
Thanks to those who keep attending these meetings, our community is
starting to finally take shape, I think we have great potential for the
next release cycle that will start in about a month or so!
The next meeting is at 19:00 UTC on 21 April 2010.
Notes from tonight's meeting:
14 April 2010
== Present ==
== Technical ==
• We got mhall119's Qimo packages in Lucid!
• Live LTSP and Netbook installer now works (and needs testing!)
• bencrisford is working on qcad missing menu entry
== Community ==
• Hedgemage is working on website, will host email to forums gateway for
now, we're still awaiting new branding from Canonical for website theme
• bencrisford has been cleaning up advocacy team to get it into shape so
that we can attract more contributors and users
• TODO: make decision about edubuntu school support team
• A mentoring approach could work to getting new contributors into
Edubuntu, probably only on a small scale at this stage
• Advocacy branch is created in LP for working with marketing material
== Homework ==
• Test LTSP live and live installer, also netbook installer from livecd!
• Make your list of maverick features you think could realistically make
it into edubuntu for maverick or even maverick+1, we'll compare notes
next meeting on gobby and turn it into a wiki page
Have lots of fun!
More information about the edubuntu-devel