linux for education portal

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 19:42:58 UTC 2009

Hi there,
   We've just launched a pretty decent start for a linux for education
portal that should contain hundreds (we already have about 50) totally
creative commons or similar free license courses that can be used
online directly (guest access to all courses) or downloaded to export
into one's own e-learning platform (backups are moodle based.) The
site contains howtos, forums, wikipedias and chatrooms, as well as the
traditional Moodle courses on a wide array of subjects across the
board. It is totally free, and will remain that way both in terms of
beer and ideology. We encourage people to take part in it. It is
really not too hard to take an existing howto or wiki entry or
something and turn it into an interactive course. There are plenty of
examples, and there are also courses on Moodle itself and why one
should use it. Currently it may seem quite opensuse-centric, but we
are working hard to make it as generic to linux as possible as we have
noticed that there isn't really such a comprehensive resource out
there on this subject matter. We appreciate all help, so please drop
us a line if you would like to get involved in any way at all.

peace,
David (nubae) Van Assche