Minutes from Edubuntu Meeting, 16 July 2009

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 17 06:59:56 UTC 2009

Minutes of Edubuntu Meeting at 19:00 UTC, 16 July 2009 on #ubuntu-meeting.

== Present ==

 * LaserJock (Jordan Mantha)
 * Lns (Jordan Ericksson)
 * alkisg (Alkis Georgopoulos)
 * ball (Andy Ball)
 * sbalneav (Scott Balneaves)
 * dgroos (David Groos)
 * highvoltage (Jonathan Carter)
 * mhall119|work (Michael Hall)
 * Michelle_Qimo (Michelle Hall)

== Agenda ==

 1. Edubuntu Website
 2. Monthly Team Reports
 3. Weekly Updates
 4. General Discussion
 5. Next Meeting Time
 6. Post-meeting Discussion on #edubuntu

== 1. Edubuntu Website ==

 * Phillip Schroder has indicated that he won't have any more time to
work on website
 * Content needs to be divided in archive and current, for example,
there should be a /ReleaseNotes and /8.04/ReleaseNotes,
/8.10/ReleaseNotes, etc. Archived documentation that are
release-specific can live inside that distribution's namespace
 * Archive content should have a subtle warning banner indicating that
the page relates to an older version of Edubuntu
 * Contact members of the edubuntu-website team and get them involved.

== 2. Monthly Team Reports ==

 * As an Ubuntu team, we must start submitting monthly reports based on
our activities
 * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TeamReports has more information on team reports
 * Monthly reports will be built from reports at weekly meetings and
mailing list reports

== 3. Weekly Updates ==

sbalneav:

 * Scott has received feedback from 5 users on Sabyon, it works for 3
users and not for the other 2, big improvement from getting feedback
from 0 users
 * LTSP upstream handbook now up to 84 pages, Edubuntu handbook will be
updated from there
 * LTSP doc is in need of internationalisation, contact Scott if you're
interested in helping out, especially if you have some Yelp experience

== 4. General Discussion ==

 * Michael and Michelle Hall from Qimo joined the meeting and we had a
brief discussion on getting Qimo packages into Ubuntu
 * Jonathan will work with Michael to get the Qimo desktop setup from a
skeleton home directory to Xfce XDG settings.
 * If possible, we'll try to ship Qimo packages on the Edubuntu disc as
well.

== 5. Next Meeting Time ==

Next Scheduled Meeting:

 * Wednesday, 22 July 2009
 * 13:00 UTC (If you live in a country with DST, remember to
double-check your local time)
 * #ubuntu-meeting on irc.freenode.net

== 6. Post-meeting discussion ==

We moved to #edubuntu after the meeting was adjourned for general
technical discussion. Jonathan will contact Colin Watson to arrange the
seeds for generating DVD install Edubuntu media.

Thanks to everyone who attended.

-Jonathan