Help needed getting javaplugin working for firefox under amd64

john lists.john at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 20:23:50 UTC 2009

 Hi all,

I sent this to edubuntu-users but got no response so I'll try here:

 I am running hardy for  AMD64, with NTA 6030 clients running on images
 built in 32 bit mode.

 I've been struggling to get the java plug in to work in firefox 3.05

 The official release from Sun
 http://java.com/en/download/linux_manual.jsp?locale=en&host=java.com:80

 Doesn't appear to have /libjavaplugin_oji.so which is what I am used
 to linking from /usr/lib/firefox/plugins

 Can anyone point me at a howto for getting the java plugin working for
 my configuration?

 Thanks!

 John