[Sugar-devel] sugar on jaunty and abiword

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 12:27:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 14:24, David Van Assche <dvanassche at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm... So what is it that is blocking this, I thought the fork from
> Debian was supposed to help this?

Abiword's a separate package. We (the Sugar Team) can't just fork the
abiword package. I've tried to produce a patch to generate separate
libabiword and libabiword-dev packages, but I'm not experienced enough
at packaging to get that working. Ubuntu core developers advised us to
work with Debian. That hasn't helped to date.

We've got the sugar bits, but we need this change to abiword done.

Regards
Morgan