Edubuntu and beyond

Scott Balneaves sbalneav at legalaid.mb.ca
Mon Dec 21 19:41:24 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 01:26:06PM -0600, Richard JOHNSON wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 01:17:02PM -0600, Scott Balneaves wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 01:05:38PM -0600, Richard JOHNSON wrote:
> > > Hey everyone!
> > >
> > > First off, congratulations to the new Edubuntu Council. I look forward to
> > > working with each and everyone of you in making Edubuntu the greatest
> > > educational distribution available.
> >
> > With an email title like "Edubuntu and beyond!" I really feel as if I should
> > have a cape, and a set of tights with a large letter emblazoned on the front.
>
> I already saw you wearing this outfit, so don't try and play it off :)

Buy the negatives at any price. :)

> I would be down with helping out on the handbook, or switching to the topic
> based stuff. Right now I am leading a huge push on a total rewrite of the
> Kubuntu docs for Lucid. In 2 weeks time, we knocked off about 50% of the
> work already. I think we can get some contributors from the Ubuntu side as
> well to help out there.

Woot.

> Same here on stability for LTS. Lucid+1 we can look at really playing and
> having a ton of fun, though making stuff stable is fun too, but breaking
> stuff is more fun. Come on admit it :)

As a systems administrator for 20+ years, I used to enjoy breaking things, but
now that I'm older and wiser^H^H^H^H^Hbitterer, I kinda like working and boring
:)

But, as they say, can't make an omlette...

--
Scott L. Balneaves | Always do right.  This will gratify some people
Systems Department | and astonish the rest.