Edubuntu Lucid artwork

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Sat Dec 12 23:41:25 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

A topic we discussed extensively at UDS both in and outside sessions is
the need for new artwork for Edubuntu.

Based on my notes from the discussions I had at UDS, I think we have the
following needs:

== Main artwork ==
  * Wallpaper (at least one, should be 1920x1440 as the Ubuntu one)
  * Gnome/GTK theme (might be the same as Ubuntu)
  * Icon theme (might be the same as Ubuntu or our current one)
  * GDM theme (or at least background, depending on how we can customize
it nowadays)
  * Splash (xsplash + usplash/plymouth depending on what's used for Ubuntu)
  * LDM background (for LTSP, same requirements as last time) (we'll
need an Ubuntu and an Edubuntu background here)

== Additional artwork ==
  * Theme for KDE (wallpaper, kdm theme, ...)

Did we forget something here ?

If not, I'll work on a complete wiki page listing the needs for each of
these items (size, resolution, restrictions, ...) then will announce it
on both ubuntu-artwork and the edubuntu mailing-lists.

I hope we can start that process quite soon so we have enough time to
get a consistent artwork for this release.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer