Keeping track of Edubuntu packages

Yves Combe yves at ycombe.net
Tue Nov 11 08:04:50 UTC 2008

Jordan Mantha wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Yves Combe <yves at ycombe.net> wrote:
>
>> David Van Assche wrote:
>>
>>> Just to start a little bit of discussion here, first thanks Jordan for
>>> the thorough breakdown of where we are and where we are going. In
>>> terms of the Edubuntu apps, maybe we could list them here in terms of
>>> importance, take a look at the versions, and suggest some extra
>>> packages that should go in there,
>>>
>> May i suggest immediately CaRMetal?
>>
>> CaRMetal is java software for dynamic geometry. I have packaged it for
>> debian and is known to work on Ubuntu.
>>
>> Home site:
>> http://db-maths.nuxit.net/CaRMetal/
>> Debian package:
>> http://packages.debian.org/lenny/carmetal
>>

> Wow, nice app. I looked and we do in fact have carmetal in the Ubuntu
> repository as of Intrepid. It would definitely be a good candidate for
> Edubuntu. Does it work with openjdk-6-jre that you know of? If it does
> then I think it would be fairly easy to add.

It works fine  with openjdk-6-jre, it's the default option for debian
now, it should be the case in the

2.8.9.dakbug-1 version in ubuntu (jaunty?).

The intrepid's version does have the old version depending on sun's java5, before debian people upload openjdk-6 in lenny.

I have last versions almost ready, as lenny is frozen they have not been
uploaded yet. They are here:
http://www.ycombe.net/debian/

--
yves