Greetings from a Newbie

JD Barrett davisbarrett at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 18:34:04 UTC 2008

Hello all, while I'm not new to Ubuntu I am kind of a newbie to Edubuntu.
Not much to hack out as the similarities are much more than the
differences.  This switch was inspired by my 3-year-old son and my desire to
homeschool.

In fact, if you're interested, there's a new yahoo group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/homeschoolfoss/ to discuss the use of Edubuntu
in the homeschool environment.

While it may seem that the assumed liberality of the FOSS community would
collide with the assumed conservatism of the Homeschool community, I beg to
differ.  Both groups have similar goals, independence, stretching yourself
beyond predetermined boundaries, and a love of learning.

So, while generally all of my experience is as an end-user, I'm glad to join
the group here and maybe I can actually say something worth mention from
time to time.

Respectfully,
JD Barrett