Installing on a Dell PowerEdge

Elizabeth Taylor etaylor at sjut.ac.tz
Fri Aug 15 13:17:17 UTC 2008

I am trying to install EdUbuntu on a Dell PowerEdge 6400. Using the Dell
Server Assistant CD will only allow installation of Windows servers or
RedHat Linux. Attempting to boot directly from the EdUbuntu installation CD
starts the installation process then reports that the CD drive cannot be
read part way through the installation process. I have double checked the CD
on a different machine and confirmed that it is loadable from and have burnt
other CD's on different machines and all give the same result.

Has anyone else met and resolved this problem, please?

PLEASE ADDRESS ALL EMAILS TO

etaylor at sjut.ac.tz

Dr Elizabeth Taylor

Acting Director

Centre for Information and Communications Technology

St John's University of Tanzania

P.O. Box 47

Dodoma

Tanzania