Nvidia Riva 128

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 09:16:04 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007, Robert Arkiletian wrote:

> On 10/6/07, Stefano Rivera <ubuntu-edubuntu-devel at rivera.za.net> wrote:
> > I'm having trouble with a thin client containing a Riva 128. It used to
> > work with Ubuntu <= feisty
> >

> All my clients are riva 128. They will NOT work with 16 bit color.
> It's a limitation of the nv driver and the hardware. Try "man nv" and
> you should see the man page explicitly say the riva 128 won't do 16
> bit color. You have to set them to use 24 bit color. In k12ltsp you
> would have to edit /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf but I don't know how to
> do it in Edubuntu.

Assuming this is the answer to the problem, to set the colour depth you do
indeed edit /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf, find out the mac address of the
client you want to apply the setting to and put a couple of lines like
this:

[00:11:25:84:CE:BA]
    X_COLOR_DEPTH=24

There should be an example lts.conf file here:

	/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/doc/ltsp-client/examples/lts.conf

Gavin