Justification in using Edubuntu instead of Windows

nigel barker tech at hiroshima-is.ac.jp
Thu Oct 4 03:26:54 UTC 2007

I share these struggles. I can't pretend to be winning, but at the
moment some kind of cease fire is in place. I am sending (off list) a
document I created for parents that might give you some ideas. It has a
few stats in it.

I am noticing a few kids struggling with .docx (word2007) at the moment,
and I'm expecting it to cause the next dam burst!
It would be good if OOo could wade through OOXML enough to implement it
soon, even if it didn't become an ISO standard.

nigel