Auto Logon

ugh ugher tcpip247 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 14:07:48 UTC 2007

Hi
"Have you tried autologin with just a regular thin
client (ie only one
screen, etc.)?"
Yes I did try that, and I still get the same thing.The
machine comes up and all I get is a black screen.
So for that my lts.conf looks like this

"[00:E0:81:27:D6:AE]
 LDM_USERNAME=user
 LDM_PASSWORD=password"

No matter what I do I can not get the autologin to
work.

I do have to say though that when I do this. Its very
nice!!

"SCREEN_07=ldm
SCREEN_08=ldm
SCREEN_09=ldm"
I have to logon manual...but thats something to work
on in the near future. But it is excellent for
development.
As for the link
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebugThinClientLogin
I dont have a ldm.log or Xorg.0.log on the
thin-client.
I have an Xorg.0.log on the server, but no ldm.log.
I wonder if I should start fresh?

One more question...How do I reply to a threaded post?