login screen

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Thu May 24 08:50:42 UTC 2007

On Wed, 23 May 2007, Danilo Carlos Silva wrote:

> I Need change de login screen in thinclients. In the server i can change
> but in thinclients I can't. I serch in web but not find nothing. I want
> chnage by put my school logo in login screen. I try change GDM theme
> manager but No works. Only server change in Thinclients the screen is
> default Edubuntu.

The server runs gdm.  The thin clients run ldm, in the ltsp chroot.
Therefore to change the login screen on the thin clients you need to modify
ldm on the thin clients.  There are several themes, all are in:

	/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/ldm/themes/

You should be able to make a copy of one and change it to suit yourself.
Then change the symlink

	/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/ldm/themes/default

to point to your modified one.

Gavin