initial thoughts on ltsp kiosk plugin

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Thu May 17 14:58:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Thu, 17 May 2007, Simón Ruiz wrote:

> The way I dealt with that problem on a full desktop (and I think it
> could be just as easy in a kiosk mode as you say is to reset the
> default setting on reboot

This happens already on ltsp diskless kiosks -- the kiosk home directory is
volatile.  Still, if an inexperienced user walks up and can't get a
reasonable interface straight away, they're likely to give up without
rebooting.  I'd rather they just can't mess with it.  No window manager
does this fairly well, it just limits firefox a little.

Gavin

Of course, some of the little $EXPLETIVEs have figured out that they can
mess with the monitor size/position settings to get the same effect.