Edubuntu/Ubuntu Education roadmaps for Gutsy

Will van der Leij will at ubuntu.com
Thu May 17 11:49:51 UTC 2007

> For Edubuntu I think putting up a wiki page with sections for technical,
> documentation, artwork, and community (like our weekly meetings) with
> links to specs/wiki pages for each item. Sound like and ok idea?

> Would it be
> possible to get a "roadmap" for Gutsy with concrete items? Perhaps this
> is already somewhere on the wiki but I didn't find it.

Organising info on the wiki was the bane of my life a while back but I
like the idea of a "Roadmap" page. Front and center, with subs for each
release is a great idea. For then not only can we use the
XXXReleaseSchedule for timings but we can have our own custom milestones
too, etc. It doesn't have to contain much meaty info, just links perhaps?

For the moment I made https://wiki.edubuntu.org/Edubuntu have grouped
categories. I hope it is effective? The "Devel" list is still a bit
empty and we can put alot of stuff in there still. Have a look at
https://wiki.edubuntu.org/Edubuntu/Wiki/SiteMap for a general overview.
The idea of this was to avoid the situation of before where we had
"hanging links" with no parent pages and no way to find them.

I agree with Jordan that Edubuntu's community development is not that
clear for the community involved. Perhaps now, early into Gutsy, we can
bring it all together and make this cycle the best yet!

Regards,
Will van der Leij