initial thoughts on ltsp kiosk plugin

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Wed May 16 13:48:04 UTC 2007

On 5/16/07, Gavin McCullagh <gmccullagh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we started using Oliver's LTSP kiosk plugin last night in the school
> library.  It's really nice, even though there are a few small things that
> may need ironing out.  In case anyone's interested or knows something I
> don't, here are my initial notes.
<snip>

> 6. I'm thinking of ways we could perhaps expand on this.  Perhaps:
>    - a DVD player kiosk
>    - add a multimedia player plugin to the existing firefox kiosk
>    - make a simple application kiosk usable with data or even home
>      directory stored on USB key.
>    As we have very little time to give accounts to all students, it's
>    possible this route might help give greater access to students.

A general kiosk for a music player would rock.

For the fuller kiosk stuff, having this is a well understood problem
space involving removing the home directory and any remaining
processes as the user.

The one other piece that might be niece to talk about would be for a
more complete internet cafe involving timing, etc.

Corey