Login Screen Extremely Distorted

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Thu May 10 08:17:04 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Thu, 10 May 2007, Owen Bonney wrote:

> Everything hangs and does not allow access to anything.

It comes up to the boot screen and the keyboard is completely unresponsive
to any key presses?  Does caps lock work?  <ctrl><alt><F1> does nothing?
The reason I ask is that you previously said:

> > logon username - accepts "Enter"
> > logon password - accepts "Enter"
> > hangs.
> > Mouse pointer works.
> > No buttons or keys do anything.
> > Monitor shows Edubuntu background colour first seen with the initial flash
> > screen.

which suggests that the hang comes immediately after you login.  If you
press <ctrl><alt><F1> prior to logging in, you should (usually) be able to
get a white on black text terminal.

Gavin