Login Screen Extremely Distorted

Owen Bonney owen_bonney at warwickcc.qld.edu.au
Mon May 7 01:56:47 UTC 2007

Hi Gavin

Short answer:  No.

After the update I now get:
Edubuntu flash screen
progress bar
logon username - accepts "Enter"
logon password - accepts "Enter"
hangs.
Mouse pointer works.
No buttons or keys do anything.
Monitor shows Edubuntu background colour first seen with the initial flash
screen.
To get out of this state, shut down computer is the only way.

By contrast on the same computer:  Knoppix 5.1.1 off the Linux Format
Magazine Issue 90 boots from the DVD and works fine.  So does the Fedora
Core 6.

Any suggestions?

Owen