Changing screen resolution and adding sound

P. Ip p.ip at comcast.net
Thu Mar 22 07:24:18 UTC 2007

I installed the latest Edubuntu 6.06 lts version on a Fujitsu Lifebook E330.
During the installation, I was never prompted for the screen resolution
(unless the screen self timed out and defaulted as I was not watching).
When Edubuntu started, the screen is only 640x480 when my screen can display
1024x768.  How do I change the screen resolution?

I noticed also that the SoundBlaster Pro compatible sound card was not
detected and I did not have sound.  How do I fix that?  Thanks.