Amaya crashing upon start

Carsten Agger agger at c.dk
Sun Mar 18 11:18:31 UTC 2007

amaya, a standards testbed HTML editor from W3C, is chrashing when I
attempt to start it on Ubuntu Edgy (XFCE or Gnome).

Here's the output when attempting to run it in a terminal:
-----------------
agger at mahadev:~$ amaya --verbose
12:12:41: Deleted stale lock file '/home/agger/.amaya-agger'.
12:12:45: Warning: Mailcap file /etc/mailcap, line 87: incomplete entry
ignored.

(amaya:8107): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_colormap: assertion
`!GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED (widget)' failed
The program 'amaya' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
   (Details: serial 5348 error_code 8 request_code 142 minor_code 5)
    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)
agger at mahadev:~$
-----------------

Two points: First, his package is in universe, so there's probably no
official Ubuntu support for it.'

Second, I believe that as a matter of principiple, packages in universe
shouldn't be so broken that they crash when trying to start the program.

Anyone knows a fix or should I file a bug?

best regards
Carsten Agger

HOWEVER, I believe
--