Edubuntu Customization

Willis, Ben BenWillis at anderson5.net
Fri Mar 2 12:47:17 UTC 2007

Can anyone point me to any documentation on modifying the desktop and links etc that are delivered to users the first time they log in? I want to add a "window" to mimic the Novel Application window and populate it with some links for the initial pilot of LTSP in our schools.

Would it be possible to create a folder, place a bunch of launcher icons in there and have it 'ran' at log in. I would need the folder and its icons to be launchable but be protected from deletion.

Maybe a sym link would work? This is with EduBuntu specifically.

Thanks!

Ben Willis