Testing Hardy Alpha 2 (i386- Serversystem)

Reiner Schmid reischmid at gmx.de
Sat Dec 22 16:26:51 UTC 2007

Here some information about my testing hardy alpha 2 (22.Dec)

Basic installation (i386-server-CD)
error
unable to rename '/var/log-ltsp-image-build-log'
No such a file
-----------
My first network device (internal) was not built in /etc/interfaces
-------
In /etc/ltsp/dhcp.conf I changed the line to
# next-server 192.168.0.1;
--------
in var/lib/.../pxelinux.cfg/default there was no nbdport , only
DEFAULT vmlinuz ro initrd=initrd.img quiet splash
-----
So after changing the conf-files  I could boot the clients bit by bit, but in the end the next error that stopped me....

Clients mounting /dev/nbd0 on /rofs failed: invalid argument

Also the command ltsp-build-client ended with an error
"Base system installed successfully.
error: LTSP client installation ended abnormal

Reiner