how about auto-login?

Francis Giraldeau francis.giraldeau at revolutionlinux.com
Thu Dec 6 14:36:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

Yes, it's supposed to work, but there is a bug in the current version.
See :

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ltsp/+bug/161794

You can download updated packages for ldm here :

https://launchpad.net/~francis-giraldeau/+archive

The updated ldm package must be installed in the client root. Then, run
ltsp-update-image, and reboot the thin-client.

You will need these information in the lts.conf file :

LDM_USERNAME=user1
LDM_PASSWORD=pass1

replace user1 and pass1 with the username and password you defined for
autologin. Don't forget, you need one user for each different thin-client.

Have a nice day,

Francis Giraldeau

--
Francis Giraldeau, Ing jr.
Analyste Infrastructure

Revolution Linux Inc.
2100 King ouest - bureau 260
Sherbrooke (Québec)
J1J 2E8 CANADA

http://www.revolutionlinux.com

Toutes les opinions et les prises de position exprimees dans ce courriel
sont celles de son auteur et ne representent pas necessairement celles
de Revolution Linux

Any views and opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Revolution Linux