iTalc and Edubuntu

MarioDebian mariodebian at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 19:33:19 UTC 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 7:18 PM, Francis Giraldeau
<francis.giraldeau at revolutionlinux.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are many tools out there that does the same thing as iTalc. At the
> Ubuntu Developer Summit last month, we settle to say that duplicating
> efforts leads half functional tools.
>
> We decided to concentrate our efforts to make iTalc the best desktop
> management tool. Our goal is to make it work out of the box with
> thin-clients.

Perhaps is too late but I have a compatible thin client (and
standalone) control panel that do more things than iTALC

It's made for my thin client project: TCOS [1] but can works in LTSP
or installed computers.

I have made right now some screenshots of new version in a real
classrom in my university (23 old computers with TCOS)

It uses an XMLRPC server (less network bandwitch than VNC) and GUI is
made in python gtk2

Screenshots:
http://www.tcosproject.org/tcosmonitor

Old screenshots:
http://trac.tcosproject.org/browser/trunk/web/docs/tcos-images/english

Packages:
http://www.tcosproject.org/packages.html

I have a __very alpha__ release of this app in web mode (PHP + AJAX)

http://idefix.eup.uva.es/tcosphpmonitor

user: admin
pass: admin

Go to preferences tab and put:
user: root
pass: root

Go to Main tab and press "Reload host list"

Greetings

PD.- I was in Sevilla in May showing this project to some Ubuntu/LTSP
developers.

[1] http://www.tcosproject.org
--
Mario Izquierdo