TuxType and TuxMath

David Bruce dbruce at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Aug 17 01:28:47 UTC 2007

Hi,

For the last year or two I have been the main person developing two of the
tux4kids apps, "Tux Typing" and"Tux, Of Math Command".  I want everyone
involved with Edubuntu to know that the projects are alive and receiving
ongoing development.  The website, such as it is, is at Alioth:

http://tux4kids.alioth.debian.org.

The code for both apps is in svn at:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/tux4kids
svn://svn.debian.org/tux4kids

There are current *tar.gz files at the alioth site under "Released Files", as
well as Mac and Win32 binaries.  I also have the current tuxmath files up at
the SF.net tuxmath page.

Tuxmath, in particular, has been greatly improved since the version in ubuntu.
Hopefully there will be current packages in Debian Sid reasonably soon - they
are held up by the dependency on the Andika font, which is not yet in Sid.

In the meanwhile, feel free to check out the new versions (installable
with ./configure; make; sudo make install) and make them available to any
kids that may benefit from them.

Cheers,

(realize that this may be a little off-topic)

--
David Bruce