Edubuntu meeting today ... EC & Community Meeting

Richard Weideman richard at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 1 08:13:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

A reminder that there is an Edubuntu meeting today at 20:00 UTC

IRC
freenode.net
#ubuntu-meeting

Note that this is the first meeting of the month, and is hence an EC
meeting.

* If you have applied for membership of the Edubuntu
  or Edubuntu members groups you'll need to be there
  to represent yourself.

* We're also going to have a community focus in the
  first meeting of each month. Looking for volunteers
  & mentors and discussions on how we can work &
  contribute together.

The suggestion has also been raised that we split the original 2 hour
weekly Edubuntu meeting slot into 2 x 1 hour sections:

#1 : Technical - led by Oliver
#2 : Community - led by Richard

If we work it that way, the non-technical people can join the second
hour after the deep-geek-speak and the technical people can leave after
the first hour if they have work pressures. Of course, anyone is welcome
to participate for the full duration.

We'll discuss this tonight, and if it meets approval, we'll split the
meeting from next week.

Hope to see you at the meeting !

Richard
--