Dual LAN card installation

John Ingleby john at coronet.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 18:37:34 UTC 2006

Congratulations on the release of Edgy Eft! I installed it today and the
graphics are great.

Coming from K12LTSP, which uses two network cards by default, I've
always had a problem with Edubuntu's card detection because I still
don't know what exactly is meant by the "primary" interface? Does
"primary"  refer to the external WAN interface (presumably connected to
Internet) or the internal LAN interface? (presumably connected to thin
clients).

I think the wording on the installation screen could be made much
clearer. This isn't a bug in the normal sense, it all worked out after a
couple of tries, but a change in the wording would make installation
much smoother.

Thanks,

John Ingleby