Creation of User profiles at install

frank claessen frank at radulphuscollege.net
Mon Oct 30 10:58:03 UTC 2006

Hi all,

the way user profiles are being created at install strikes me as odd -
in any way it differs from the way other distro;s do it. Normally you
have to enter a password for the root account and then you can add a
normal user.

Edubuntu asks for one user only and that is an administrative user. For
security reasons I don;t think this is a good idea. Later on you can
change the password for the root account while being logged an as the
user that was created during installation ?!?!!!! Unbelievable!!

Would like to know what others think about this. I would prefer the way
of the other distro's

R(egard)S

Frank