Ubuntu and Education: Which Ubuntu variant are you using ?

Simon Ruiz sruiz at mccsc.edu
Wed Oct 18 12:35:24 UTC 2006

________________________________

From: edubuntu-devel-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com on behalf of Richard Weideman
Sent: Wed 10/18/2006 6:41 AM
To: LIST edubuntu devel
Subject: Ubuntu and Education: Which Ubuntu variant are you using ?

Hello,

Just to get an idea of who is using what in this list audience ... can
you please send details of what operating system you are using, and a
note on the education context.

------------------------------------
Operating System
------------------------------------
[*] Edubuntu - In 4 of our Indiana ACCESS classrooms (will be updated to the new vanilla Ubuntu image when I have time)
[*] Ubuntu - In 5 of our Indiana ACCESS classrooms
[ ] Kubuntu
[ ] Other - Open Source
    * which ?
[*] Other - Proprietary - Windows XP on every other computer in the school (besides a few in my office)
    * which ?
------------------------------------
Environment
------------------------------------
[ ] Primary School
[*] Secondary School - High School (grades 9-12)
[ ] Tertiary Institution
[ ] Other - Education
    * which ?
[ ] Other
    * which ?
------------------------------------
Role
------------------------------------
[ ] User
[ ] Teacher
[*] Administrator
[ ] Developer
[ ] Other
    * which ?
------------------------------------

If you would prefer, feel free to mail your response directly to me.

Thanks
Richard
--
Richard Weideman