Linux as a platform

John RIdge john.ridge at ntlworld.com
Tue Oct 10 22:02:03 UTC 2006

Dom:
Agree with all your points.

> Cross platform is the key.
I think Linux (Ubuntu) will be the predominant platform in UK education
within 5 years.

Moodle is the main reason for my optimism.
It is rapidly becoming the VLE for FE and HE in the UK. (apologies for
acronyms)
It got there from the ground up.
5 years ago it was not even a blip on the radar.

Open source, shared learning.
Works really well.
Appears to work exponentially

sorry for borrowing your soap box