Testing edubuntu edgy beta
ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 3 11:28:14 UTC 2006
Am Dienstag, den 03.10.2006, 13:17 +0200 schrieb Nicolas Pettiaux:
> > > I have tested the new functions of edubuntu edgy beta
> In order to help with the test and debugging, where can I/we find the
> procedure for the test that you would like us to perform first ?
i outlined the procedure on the
apart from the fact that all issues mentioned there should be fixed with
the beta release, the points for tesing apply (copied from teh wiki):
The following describes the test procedure for edubuntu edgy beta for
ltsp installations. note that two or more NICs in the server are
required for the fully automatic install:
* Make sure the install finishes without errors.
* After reboot it should be possible to immediately boot a thin
client on the second network interface.
* Create a second nonprivileged desktop user and add him/her to
the fuse group with the users-admin gui tool (this is not done
automatically for security reasons, not all admins want their
users to be able to use local devices by default).
* Log in on the thin client with this user, check if the login
sound plays (only if you have sound hardware in the thin client
* Plug in a usb stick or a usb-storage based camera (or an ipod),
it should show up on the desktop.
* Log in on the server as the admin user and start the student
control panel from the System->Administration menu.
* Try to send a message to the users session from
* Start firefox in the users session with student-control-panel.
* Kill firefox in the users session again with
note that theer is a bug in pessulus so the lockdown functionallity from
student-control-panel might not work yet ... a fix is underway.
If all of these points above work fine the CD is good :) if you discover
problems with one of them please file bugs against the following
* ltspfs for the usbsticks cameras etc
* ltsp for sound problems
* student-control-panel for bugs with it
* ltsp if the client doesnt boot at all.
happy tesing ;)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Dies ist ein digital signierter Nachrichtenteil
More information about the edubuntu-devel