How to upgrade??

Frank Claessen frank at radulphuscollege.net
Sat Nov 4 11:12:51 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I just downloaded the new version and burned the CD and did the install. I
have not been able so discover any upgrade options. I have already found
some comments on the web through google from users with the same experience.
The only upgrade option that seems to work is the one using apt-get and then
wait for the 250 or s0 Mb download through the internet.

Did I miss something? The upgrade pop-up box did not appear.

My install: 2 harddrives - HDA with a fresh FC6 version and HDB with the
Dapper Drake version also very recently installed.

Furthermore I don't understand why Edubuntu (and quite some other distro's
for that matter) seem to fail to acknowledge other distros in such a way
that you don't have to rewrite the GRUB configuration file manually
afterwards.

Is there a difficulty arranging that or does it normally functin and is this
my personal situation?

Regards all and have fun at the conference

Frank

>Message: 5
>Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 16:25:20 +0100
>From: Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com>
>Subject: Re: how to upgrade??
>To: edubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com

>hi,
>Am Donnerstag, den 02.11.2006, 15:38 +0700 schrieb quantro:
>> can i upgrade the software from cd or from file??not from the server??
>> if it can be, how can i do it??
>if you put in a newer CD tan the one the distro was installed from, it
should offer you to ugrade with a popup box ...

>additionally the CDs all have a cdupgrade script you cn as well start
manually from the toplevel directory.