sound on clients

James Call jamescall at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 07:06:52 UTC 2006

I have upgraded to edgy on my edubuntu server at home.  I have a
laptop that also has a edubuntu install.  When I boot the laptop from
the hard drive the sound works great. (too great, because my teenagers
have blown the speakers listening to MP3's) But when I boot the same
laptop as a client off my server I get no sound.  The sound on the
server works.  When I play a mp3 or other sound from the client, the
sound comes out the server speakers.  Has anyone else seen this??

--

Thanks, James