LTSP clients unable to login

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri May 26 18:56:23 UTC 2006

hi,
Am Freitag, den 26.05.2006, 14:41 -0400 schrieb Jason Dixon:
> I have successfully booted a LTSP client off a test Edubuntu 6.06
> server.  However, users are unable to login.  After typing in the
> credentials and hitting enter, I see a console screen, then it loads
> the login screen again.  The users are able to login successfully at
> the server.  Any idea why this is happening?
in case you changed the ip settings for one interface of the server, you
need to regenerate the ssh keys with the: sudo ltsp-update-sshkeys
command.
in case you installed sabayon, you need to add profiles for all users
first.

these are the only cases i'm aware of where logins might not work for
ltsp users.

ciao
	oli