Ack!

"Simón A. Ruiz" sruiz at mccsc.edu
Mon May 22 14:40:52 UTC 2006

I expect this to be a simple question.

How do I run a command on user login as root, in such a way that only
root can modify it?

I've tried going through "System -> Preferences -> Sessions" in Gnome
and adding a startup program to the "student" account there. The problem
is, of course, that it can be removed from that list by the "student"
user, and I suspect that it runs AS the "student" user, which would
presumably give the "student" user the ability to stop the process.

I'm playing around with iTALC, and I just can't quite get it to work!

iTALC (Intelligent Teaching and Learning with Computers) is a classroom
management suite that some other high schools around Indiana have
implemented.

If anyone here knows of other classroom management packages I might want
to take a look at, I'm all eyes!

--
   ___
  (   )   Peace, Paz, Paix, Shanti, Mir, Shalom and Salaam
    ^