Greetings!

"Simón A. Ruiz" sruiz at mccsc.edu
Tue May 16 15:36:21 UTC 2006

Kevin Driscoll wrote:
> Simón,
>
> Your classroom sounds incredible (and the 10 minute re-image is
> outstanding.)  Are you communicating with other schools in Indiana
> with this same 1:1 grant?  What experiences are they having?  It would
> be a big step to get all of those labs coordinating.

Honestly, the communication between schools involved in this grant isn't
up to the standard where I believe they should be.

I'm working on developing a Wiki (currently only available on our
internal network) documenting my implementation of Linux (I've been told
so far that we're the only school using Edubuntu) that I hope to make
public to benefit anyone it can benefit. I'm hoping next school year
(when 100 more schools are coming on board this project, right now we're
one of 24), either I or someone takes the responsibility for creating a
method of communication and sharing between the schools.

We're planning on purchasing a server to run MOODLE, and co-locating it
outside our corporate network to allow students and teachers to access
it from home or from school; I'm hoping to convince my boss that we can
use the same server to host some of the services necessary to start this
communications network up without negatively affecting the MOODLE
operation; a web site, maybe a mailing list.

> Great work!   I'm psyched you've joined the list.

Thank you, I'm psyched to have joined the list.

--
   ___
  (   )   Peace, Paz, Paix, Shanti, Mir, Shalom and Salaam
    ^